OK. During the night, I noticed that my entire body (except maybe my fingers and toes) feel like I spent time working out for the first time at the gym. Honestly. I absolutely ache all over. Had a hell of a time rolling over and getting out of bed.
All I can figure is that it's from the anesthesia. It's loosening up some, so I don't see any reason to call the doctor. That's a good thing, because I have no idea what on earth I'd say. "Hello. Was there some workout equipment you guys threw me on for a while yesterday?" LOL
Oh. And the ibuprofen definitely has handled the mouth pain which is good news. So unless something unforeseen happens, I think I should get through this OK. I'm being careful not to bend over or do anything that will start the bleeding up again. That's pretty well stopped and I'd like to keep it that way.
So that's my update. Randall is picking up some bags of frozen peas this morning so I can use them as ice packs (thanks Christine and Firefly!), but the swelling is minimal, so I'm hoping it won't interfere with the healing.
I'll post again if there's another update. If not, I've got a follow-up with Dr. Collins next Wednesday at 12:15, and I'm sure I'll post a quick update then.
3 comments:
Hope the peas work better than your other ice packs. My sons both found that the swelling was worst on the 2nd day after the extractions. So keep using the ice packs for at least another day.
Christine
I also second the thought to keep using the ice packs even once the swelling comes down -- it really can make a difference.
Also, are you sure you are getting enough liquid into you? I recall when I had all my impacted wisdom teeth pulled (under a general) that I also experienced all-over body aches and muscle fatigue that was acerbated by dehydration - swelling and bleeding did make drinking very difficult and I can only imagine you've got it worse.
Keep those peas handy! We're thinking of you both.
Caroline
You know, Donna, it might be a side effect of the drugs...but not the way you think. I hurt like that, if from only ordinary activity, when my breathing gets screwed up by bad air activating low level asthma. I wonder if the anesthetic had that effect on you and you were a bit less oxygenated than your muscles needed? The pain comes from muscle burn and lactic acid build up if that is the case. Drink lots of water, and if this is part of the problem, it will flush the toxins out of your muscles faster. Feel better soon!
Post a Comment