Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Saw the oral surgeon

Saw Dr. Collins today and I guess he chose the high road on the Sunday phone call, because didn't say anything. And I didn't have a chance because he was in the room about 10 seconds alone, and what I was going to say wasn't something I'd planned to say in front of anyone.

So, that whole thing got skipped. I'm not real happy about it, but there we are. Disaster averted. :)

The infection is better. The left side of my mouth is well and the right side is about where it was on Saturday before I started having problems. I've got enough antibiotics for today through Saturday night, and I suspect I'll be totally clean then. I've also still been using the salt water rinses and some oral peroxide I've had on hand since last summer. I'll keep those two up through the weekend. So I think we can call that good unless something else crops up.

All the stitches are out of my mouth, and with any luck, that will be it for the teeth.

I'm to call the radiation doctor either today (Dr. Collins will send him an email today) or tomorrow so we can get the radiation treatment start date lined up. Also, we've never heard back from the chemo group, so if we don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, Randall will call them and cancel the appointment we had for February 1. We'll talk to Dr. Mundy about the chemo options when we see him.

So that's where I am. Still eating mainly liquids, though I've added egg salad to the diet. I'm hoping that by Friday I'll be able to add more soft foods because I am REALLY tired of pureed soup. I'm also hoping to have the other blog up over the weekend (I decided I really wanted to finish a needlework project before I concentrated on anything else).

No comments: