Hurts, but I'm alive. The Tramadol has, indeed, quit working, but three ibuprofen are knocking the worst of the pain (there are times it's a blessing to have a high pain threshold.). I told Randall to tell Dr. Collins when he calls tonight what I'm doing. There's no point in trying to find a pain med that works, and I told Randall to tell him that if it gets too bad, I'll take benadryl with it and sleep through it. Worked for me when I had surgeries on my feet, and this isn't nearly as bad as that.
I am bleeding, but that's slowing down even when I drink, so I suspect that will mainly end by bedtime. I'm also still numb, though it's wearing off and that's where the pain is coming from. I'm also starving to death, but that's too bad. No way am I going to try more than water or maybe some apple juice tonight. Oh. And my head hurts. Probably because my jaw is swelling and I'm having trouble keeping the ice pack in place. I know those things are suppose to work in theory, but I've never had one that actually stayed in place. I think I'll just try a Ziplock bag with some ice cubes. :)
I imagine I'll go back to bed in a bit. I've been sitting up in the living room reading so the drainage will be better. Really pretty typical stuff. Hurts but not awful. Definitely can deal with it. And it's actually a bit better than I thought it would be, though that may well change in the middle of the night.
3 comments:
Surprised to see you post! {{HUGS}}
The best ice pack I've found is to use a back of frozen peas. Mark it somehow, so that you don't try to eat the peas later!! The peas are nice and small and mould well to face, limbs, body, whatever. In your case, I suggest getting several bags, so that when one thaws, you can put it back into the freezer and pull another one out.
We did this when my sons had teeth pulled, and they found it very effective.
Christine
Wow, I'm amazed to see you online! I second the recommendation for a bag of frozen peas as an ice pack. I hope the swelling and pain subside soon.
Post a Comment