Busy, busy day over here.
Went by this morning and saw the oral surgeon (Dr. Collins) in preparation for the teeth pulling tomorrow. I'd noticed a small sore spot on my upper gum right near the one upper tooth that he's going to pull tomorrow when he goes in to remove all my lower teeth. I figured it was one of two things. A) a reaction of some sort to the clove oil I had to use (started on Thursday and this spot showed up on Friday) or B) the beginning of an abscess.
Yep. Beginning of an abscess it is, so I'm now on antibiotics and the offending tooth will be gone tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm also back on a higher dose of Tramadol since I've got to stay off ibuprofen until after the surgery. So much for backing off that.
Also went by the hospital for all the preadmission stuff. That actually went fast. In and out in an hour. We'll be at the outpatient services tomorrow morning at 6am and the procedure will be at 7:30. Dr. Collins says it takes about an hour for him to do his thing, so with any luck, I'll be home noonish.
Randall also called the chemotherapy office today. Man. It's ugly. Low estimate is $285 and high is close to $400 just to walk in the door and that doesn't include the labwork fee. 20% discount if you pay that day. Well, that's not going to work.
So Randall said he's going to drop in later this week and ask to speak to whomever handles the billing. We got a similar story when I first called Dr. Lehr's office back in November but were able to negotiate a different fee...it's possible that when you talk to the person who answers the phone, you just get a spiel, but if you go in, you get a different story. So we'll try that. The appointment isn't until Feb. 1, so we've got some time to work around this.
That's where we are. I'm hoping Randall will remember to post an update here tomorrow once we get home. I suspect I won't be up and around on the computer until Wednesday.
1 comment:
Yikes! I'm sorry to hear about he abscess and hope it clears up soon. And wow, I hope something's able to be done about that chemo cost! Crossing fingers for you.
Post a Comment