Wednesday, April 2, 2008

In the home stretch....

Knock on wood. If all goes as planned, I'll only have two more treatments after today. YEAH!!!!

Meanwhile, Randall and I (well, mainly Randall; my contribution has been a couple of posts on the message board) have been putting together a cancer support message board for the local area. There are absolutely NO local support group resources for cancer patients and their family/care givers that we can find. So, we hope to have most of this ready to go by next week. When we go for my treatment today we'll take copies of the start page of the website for the folks at Fentress to look at and critique. We're having "business cards" printed up, and once those are done, we'll take them around to the few places in town so they can be included in patient packets. I'm really excited about this project because I know the trouble I went through getting information about stuff here locally.

Anyway, here's the link if you'd like to take a look: http://www.centexcancersupport.org/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you're not just doing pretty well overall, but doing a community project. One small concern: I'm guessing "centex" is short for Central Texas, but I'm worried it might cause some confusion with the Centex corporation. Just something to be aware of.

Donna said...

Phillip,

Yeah, under normal circumstances, I think you'd be right about the name, but this geographic area has always used Centex to describe itself, so I think it will be OK. It was either use that or Central Texas and that was just too long. :(

Donna