Monday, April 21, 2008

Something else to put in my mouth..

OK. Get your mind out of the gutter. :)

Actually, I've been having horrible coughing fits over the last two or three weeks. I'd originally put them down to allergies, but I don't think that's what's going on. And, of course, every time I have one of these fits (and I'm talking to the point I gag and spit up), my poor throat is made raw and sore again.

So, after having yet another one this afternoon, I called Dr. Mundy. His suggestion is to rinse my mouth several times a day with baking soda/salt and water. He also recommends cough drops.

So here I am. Two more things I have to figure out how to work into my day. I definitely will because the throat is keeping me from eating, but between these two new things, dry mouth rinse, sore mouth gargle, throat rinse, fluoride treatments, Ensure and water, I'm not sure I'll ever have my mouth empty!

And I'll mention this to Dr. Lehr on Thursday. Since he's the ENT guru, he may have some suggestions...I'm just hoping it's not something else I have to stick in my mouth.

(Oh and the itchy skin is just about healed. WOOHOO!! I'll keep using my aloe cream over the next several days, but once this jar is gone, I think things will be well under control. I'm only having to use it twice a day now rather than four times and possibly five. Much improvement.)

Now...I'm off to bake some lemon sugar cookies for my good buds at Fentress. We'll drop by this week and give them to them.

No comments: