Just a quick update here since there's not much going on.
I've gotten the worst of the itching under control. Aloe vera cream is the way to go for me, so I'm slathering it on three or four times a day. The only time it really bothers me is at night (figures) when I'm laying in bed. The only thing I can figure is there's some reaction between me and the sheets or the pressure on my skin. And of course, it spring here in Central Texas and that means oak mold. An allergy whose main reaction for me is insane itching. So I have the radiation thing going and the allergy thing going. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's causing the problem, so I keep both my aloe vera cream and my Claritin (which doesn't do a thing for anything other than oak mold itching and the flu like symptoms oak can give me) at hand. If one doesn't work, I go with the other. :)
Also, I'm still only able to get down Ensure. Which sucks. Because Randall had pizza last night and the smell almost drove me over the edge. Unfortunately until the mouth sores go away and the sore throat gets better, I'm afraid to even try solid food. Also, my lower gums are going to have to recover some since the radiation treatments made them very sensitive.
And the final annoyance is my throat. I keep having coughing fits...I have no idea if that's something going on with my throat being raw from the radiation or my allergies. Either way, the coughing is keeping my throat red and raw. I think I'm going to get some blasted cough syrup and see if that helps.
Next update will probably be late next Thursday. I've had my weeks sort of messed up and had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Lehr set for this week. It's not until next Thursday.
Hopefully by then there will be more positive news on the side effects front.
No comments:
Post a Comment