Thursday, March 27, 2008

ONLY SIX MORE TREATMENTS!!!

Talked to Dr. Mundy today, and he told us there were only six more treatments instead of the 11 we thought.

HAPPYNEKKIDALMOSTDONEDANCE!!!!

Having said that, it looks like I've lost only about 12 pounds since the treatments began. That's really quite good. I'd "budgeted" 20-25, and I know I'll continue to drop some after the treatments stop because I'll still be dealing with the side effects, but 12 is really good.

Pretty much everything is as it was. The mouth sores come and go, but the rinse Dr. Lehr gave me does a good job on them, so when I start feeling soreness, I rinse two or three times a day for a couple of days and they subside.

The throat is still really, really painful. I'm still having the awful allergies that wake me up coughing, so until whatever is in the air leaves, I'm going to be making my throat worse. Still, I can deal with it.

Anyway, that's my update for the week. Randall and I are REALLY looking forward to the end of the radiation treatments. It's wearing both of us to a nub.

Everyone have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Only six to go is great news indeed! {{hugs}}