Friday, March 21, 2008

Week Four - Done

And oh am I glad to see the weekend. We were told that would happen, and yep, it did. :)

Not really anything to report. I did see Dr. Mundy and he's asked me to stop using the rose hips oil/cream. He thinks it's contributing to the redness of my face. I disagree, but hey, I can use something else. As soon as I stopped using it the other day, my face started peeling. When I mentioned that to him, he suggested I use aloe or vitamin E.

We swung by Drug Emporium on the way home, and I'm now the proud owner of a jar of aloe cream. And I've used it. And I'll use it more tonight and over the weekend. Honestly I don't think the rose hips is the cause, but I'd waste my breath arguing it, so here we are. I'll go back to the rose hips when the treatment is done. It's really wonderful stuff (thanks, Eadie!), so I'm looking forward to using it again.

Main thing to report is a really sore/dry throat. I picked up some "throat tea", too, as well as some sore throat lozenges. They may give me just a bit of relief and, if so, I'll be grateful.

And bless Randall's heart, he's run up to the store to see if there are any food options for me. Real food options as opposed to shakes and puddings. Maybe some yogurt or cottage cheese. Maybe even some cream-based frozen dinners. I'd like anything that's not liquid. Like me, he's looking forward to the weekend and hopefully staying home for two days.

So here we are. Week four is done. I've had 4,000 of the 6,000 RADS that I'll have by the time the treatment is done. And may I say I'm heartily sick of the whole process. I know it's for the good, but still. It is SO boring. LOL

Everyone take care and have a terrific weekend. I'll see you good folks next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, roses are red, after all, so the rose hips must be contributing to the redness.

*ducks thrown objects*

I hope the aloe does the trick and Randall is able to find you something non-liquid and yummy.

2/3 of the way done? Woot! You're in the home stretch! {{hugs}} I know it can't be over soon enough.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Lyric :)
My continuing absence from everywhere doesn't mean I completely forgot everyone - just mostly... and most days I'm not even sure who *I* am!

Best wishes to you and Randall.

PW