Sunday, March 9, 2008

SSSSOOOOOOOOOO tired.....

Yep. The side effects of the radiation are definitely coming home to roost.

I am absolutely drop dead exhausted. And that's after sleeping until 11:30 (or is it 10:30?) this morning, and also having a two hour lay down this afternoon. My legs feel like they're going to buckle. Taking a shower tonight is going to be loads of fun.

From the looks of things, I'm good for about 30 minutes before I'm so exhausted I have to sit or lay down. I can only imagine how much fun I'll be having in two or three weeks.

And the mouth sores are really here. Tomorrow I'm going to switch to all liquid/soft foods. Right now I can still manage thing like baked potatoes and shaped pasta, so I'm not totally without some options. But soups are starting tomorrow. Thank goodness I have a freezer stocked with them. I'm pretty sure I'll have to make more before this all ends, but I've got enough for at least three weeks. Not sure how I'll manage to get soups made up if I'm only good for a half hour, but I'll figure it out.

I figure now is the time I start losing weight. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm sorry to hear the side effects are kicking in. Good thing you seem well-prepared for them. {{hugs}}

Donna said...

Yeah. It well and truly sucks. Course, it helps to remember that one of my absolute passions in life is napping. *g*

Then again, the other is cooking...sort of makes up for the sleeping in a not-so-good way.