Donna and I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (or whatever Winter holidays you celebrate). We opened our presents the day before Donna went in for surgery. There will not be any special meals here this year as Donna is on a liquid diet, but there is a turkey in the freezer waiting to be brined and smoked when Donna feels up to it. Smoked turkey soup!
Yesterday was hard. Donna was very tired both from the hospital stay and from a bad first night home (trouble sleeping due to the cats being annoying). I expect it is going to take her several days just to recover from what the hospital bed did to her back. The incision (and the staples holding it shut) are really bothering her. It doesn't help that I have to clean it three times a day with cold liquids and creams (that really can't be warmed). I hope today will be better.
1 comment:
I hope today is better as well and you can both enjoy the holidays to at least some extent. {{hugs you both}}
Post a Comment