Dr. Lehr took me off Ibuprofen today since there are bleeding issues involved with it and that's not something he needs with my surgery coming up. Last week, I came off the aspirin. So now I have zip in the way of swelling control and the high powered pain killers he prescribed do me just about as well as every other pain killer I've ever taken - which is to say nothing.
Hydromorphone is apparently given to those of us who have high tolerance for pain meds and has been quite successful. Well, I fall in the "not so successful column." So, for the next three days, it looks like I'm going to be eating a lot of ice, keeping my mouth shut and eating pudding, milk shakes and macaroni and cheese.
What I wouldn't give to be so freaking pain medicine tolerant.
4 comments:
Oh man that sucks. :-(
Keep telling them when the pain meds don't work. Most oncologists are more than happy to keep trying various drugs and drug combinations until they find one that will give you some relief.
-Lark-
thinking of you sending love and healing
all will be well in time
Beth
Answering this late..on the 20th; knowing today is your surgery. Sorry about the pain meds...most of them simply don't work for me either, or I am allergic to them. Hope all goes well, I have a charged up candle a-burning for you and will keep that holder filled all day! Thinking hard "get better, better, better" thoughts at you!
Post a Comment