Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday Report

I saw Donna twice today. The second visit was after the Doctor had been by so I have some actual info to report. The doctor thinks she is doing remarkably well, given how much of her tongue was removed. He's really amazed at how well she is talking now and says she should improve as the swelling goes down and more healing takes place.

She is off of morphine and back on ibuprofen supplemented by Ultramm when needed. There isn't an infection. It turns out the steroids they were using to prevent swelling were elevating the white cell count. She's starting to come off those today.

He will be by in the morning to check her drain (from the neck surgery). If it is ready to be removed, it'll remove it and discharge her. If not, his partner will do so on Monday.

She's in good spirits, but is looking forward to being home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Lots of good news! I know all the animals will be ready to see her!

Anonymous said...

Glad there is no infection! I can imagine she wants to be home; hospitals are the possibly least restful place on earth---which is a weird dichotomy considering their stated purpose! I hope you both get rested up soon.