Thursday, November 29, 2007

Surgery scheduled

Well, it looks like my surgery is scheduled for Thursday, December 20th. So much for it being on a Monday. :(

I've got a pre-op meeting with my doctor scheduled for Tuesday, December 11, and I'm hoping at that time to ask him about the surgery on my lymph nodes. Since that was a major factor in what we're doing, but neither he nor the cancer doctor I saw last week thought they were cancerous, I'm wondering if we might not want to give the antibiotics I'm on a chance to work and then schedule another CT scan to see if the nodes have returned to their normal size. If they have, then it would seem silly to take them out for a biopsy, but if they haven't, we'll know they need to be checked.

We'll see where we are there. I should at least have an answer about that before I go in for the surgery.

I'm just sorry this is being done so close to Christmas. I'd hoped to have it done the week before this, but apparently scheduling operations at this time of year is really hard.

I'll probably not post another update until the pre-op meeting unless something comes up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are moving along...even if it does screw up holiday plans. But try thinking of your renewed health recovery as a BIG Yule gift! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What Labrys said! {{hugs}}