Monday, November 19, 2007

One step forward...two steps back

Well, maybe not that bad.

Saw the oncologist today. Not real impressed since he doesn't seem to listen very well, but maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow. I'm in a lot of pain since I was away from all my medication and ice and had to talk a lot, so this is going to be really, really short. I'll do a bit more tomorrow.

Paperwork has been started, and I call a guy tomorrow who is supposed to help me get payment for all my cancer drugs, pain meds, etc. The oncologist ordered some bloodwork and a CT scan this afternoon of my head/neck. He's referred me to an ENT to look at my mouth and hopefully we will get an appointment for Monday.

That's it from here today. I'm gonna go pop pills and sleep for a bit. Hopefully I'll have a bit more to post tomorrow or Wednesday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do yourself a favor and if this doctor continues not to listen, find another one. ASAP. You'll thank yourself for it. I learned that from going to all those different doctors with my mother.

Donna said...

Mari,

Fortunately, we see this new doctor next and, from the impression I got from Dr. Mundy, he doesn't expect to see me again...or at least not until much later.

And he and I will have to have a heart-to-heart on this. I wasn't telling him about the pain meds for the hell of it. I told him because it is a huge problem with me and one my foot surgeon was really unhappy to find out after he'd cut out a bunion. This is one of those things that can be a really unpleasant surprise for everyone.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. Preston and I do wish you all the best.