Thursday, November 15, 2007

Where I am in the process

I was diagnosed with SCC in mid-October, and have been doing the hamster wheel bit for the last month trying to get into the right place for treatment. This has been made more difficult since there's no health insurance and I'm having to apply for Medicaid.

Fortunately, I got hooked up this week with the group here in Waco that I think will be the ones I need to work with...Fentress Cancer Center. The Fentress group is located on the Hillcrest Hospital campus. I had my first quickie talk with them yesterday and came home with a bunch of paperwork and an appointment for Monday, November 19 at 12:15. I'll talk to the paperwork people, the RN, the doctor and then go for a CT scan at 2:15.

I suspect I'll have an entry shortly after that. :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

You and Randall will be in my thoughts on Monday and in my prayers daily.

Donna said...

Thank you, Aisling. We appreciate it. Randall and I know we're going to have a tough few months, but finally getting on the road is helping. I guess it all really starts on Monday, doesn't it?

bevokat said...

Hey Donna,
Brad has been updating me about you and I just want you to know that you and Randall are in our thoughts and prayers. I know that miracles happen and I believe that God can do anything! We will be checking here often for updates. Good luck on Monday...take a deep breath and know that God is already in charge of everything! :o)

Love,
the Round Rock Pharr Family