I know I said I didn't think I'd post today unless something cropped up. Well, it did. :) And it's actually some fairly good news for us.
+++++++++++++++++++
Dr Lehr's (ENT) office called this morning and we have an appointment Monday at 2:45 though we'll need to be there at 2:15 for paperwork.
The girl Randall talked to was quite helpful and very apologetic about the confusion. Apparently Dr. Lehr is very good at working with people who have income problems, and this initial visit will be $100-$150 (I guess depending on what he does). The girl who called also told Randall the name of a person he has to talk to at Family Practice Clinic because once I'm set up there, things will move much faster/easier with Dr. Lehr's office.
Apparently, we've needed to talk to that clinic and speak to the person in charge of Indigent Health Care. This is the first time ANYONE has mentioned this and Randall said the girl at Lehr's office was surprised no one had told about us this before. Unfortunately, that health care won't work for us because it's for people with zero income, but he's going to go over to Family Practice on Friday and get set up for a couple of other things and pump them for information. Also, they work on a sliding scale based on income, and I will qualify for another prescription drug program and I will get a regular doctor (which I definitely DO need) who I can see at a very reduced rate.
So all in all, it's a pretty good day for information. We would have loved to qualify for something that will help pay the medical bills, but I think we're chipping away at one end of them, and that's a big relief.
With any luck, I'll be able to make a quick post on Friday about what Randall found out from is visit with the people at FPC.
(And for those of you wondering why Randall is so involved in talking to people and I'm translating the results, the lesions on my tongue make it nearly impossible for me to talk a lot. He's having to pick up the yakking slack since I've got to keep my mouth shut a lot of the time.)
1 comment:
Very good news!
Post a Comment