Monday, May 12, 2008

Quickie Update

Wow. It's been 12 days since I posted. :)

Things are sort of slow around here. Not much to report in the healing department, though it's mainly a by-the-week thing rather than day-to-day.

The mouth sores are pretty much gone, though right now I've got a blister on the inside of my gum near my tongue that's about the size of a pencil erasure. That's something that popped up this afternoon and is already going down. I'm not particularly worried about it since it's deflating and I *think* it was caused by a major coughing fit I had this morning (we were outside checking the herb garden and the air was apparently poison). So I think we can move the mouth sores into the "solved" column.

The sore throat is still here, but MUCH, MUCH, MUCH improved. Pills aren't getting stuck with nearly the frequency, and swallowing is now just a tad bit painful instead of bad enough to keep me from wanting to even drink water. That means that I'm back up to my normal water intake (something over 60 ounces a day) and not in any danger of dehydrating anymore. The coughing fit today aggravated it some, but more along the lines of just an irritant that soon went away. The dry mouth/throat is a bit better, too, which is good because that was what was causing my throat so many problems by kicking off the coughing.

Food is still Ensure for the most part. I am able to work in some scrambled eggs and tonight I had some macaroni and cheese with dinner. I'm not rushing the food, though, since the Ensure has the calories and nutrients that I need. I'll add some food in here and there and keep going with the Ensure for the next few days. I've got some soups frozen that are cream-based, and I'll be working some of them in over the next few days, too.

Solid food is just going to have to wait a bit. I took last week off to cook up several meals for Randall and a couple more soups for me, so we're not in any danger of going without. It's also helpful because there's no pressure on me to get in the kitchen and get creative every few nights. I just have to remember to tell Randall to go get food out for himself. LOL

Oh. My tastebuds are still AWOL, but I'm noticing some things tasting better (including chocolate!!!! WOOT!!!), so I figure they'll start making more of an appearance over the next few months.

I still get very tired very easily. I suspect that's going to be one of the last things to go. Just peeling and chopping sweet potatoes last week wore me out. Moving some furniture around in the guest room two days ago had me reeling. So that will probably be the symptom that sticks around for a long time.

That's about it from here for now. Hopefully I'll see more improvements in the next week and will post in.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the mouth sores seem to be solved and the sore throat is improving. And yay for chocolate tasting good!

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I just received my first newsletter and found out there about your condition. I am praying for you and sending you thoughts of healing, light, and love.

Blessings to you always,
Alexandria Blackbird