Friday, February 29, 2008

Radiation - Week One

OK. So that's done. Six more weeks to go.

The good news is I'm really not seeing much in the way of side effects yet, though I guess I would have been surprised if I did.

I've been using a combination of some cream/lotion the radiation office gave me and some that Eadie sent me that's really outstanding. There are two...a rosehip oil and a night cream with a heavy emphasis on good butters and rosehips. Not sure whether or not it's keeping the radiation burns at bay, but it is very soothing and I'm using something three times a day. So far, so good. I'll be keeping that up during the next six weeks.

Drinking lots of water to help with dry mouth which I know is going to get much worse as treatment goes on. And using a prescription fluoride twice a day on my upper teeth because the salivary glands are going to go bye bye and when they do, I'll be much more prone to tooth decay.

And that's really it this week. Not a whole lot of change going on, though I suspect the next week or two will see side effects start in.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be blogging an update next week.

No comments: