YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPYDANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahem.
Right. :)
If you can't tell, I saw Dr. Lehr today for my June follow-up. First and foremost, he's very happy with the way things look. Poked, prodded, felt around and everything was good.
He also pulled up the results from the CT scan I had done Monday afternoon, and the results were very, very good. All clear. And I can't tell you how wonderful that news is!
This is one of those things that no matter how positive your outlook, there's always this little niggling question in the back of your mind. So for now, that's outta here. I'm officially a cancer survivor!
Then, predictably, he gave me the bad news. This was his last appointment with me. He's moving to North Carolina in the next few weeks. I suspect he's gotten an offer he just couldn't refuse. I hate like hell to see him go because he has been so wonderful, but I also can understand it. I'll miss him. He has turned me over to one of the other two doctors in the practice than handle a lot of head/neck cancers, so my next appointment in mid-July will be with Dr. Hollander.
Essentially it's the first year when this type of cancer is most likely to return. So I'll be followed closely by that clinic (an appointment about every 6 weeks) for the first year. Dr. Mundy will see me in about three months, so I suspect I'll do the radiation clinic follow-up every 3 months or so.
No idea what we'll see at the end of my first year. For now, though, I'm just about as ecstatic as anyone can be. If chocolate didn't taste so crappy, I'd be finding a pound or so of truffles to snack on.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I'll post another follow-up for sure after my next appointment in mid-July.
9 comments:
That is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you! *happynekkidfireflydancing*
CONGRATULATIONS!!
I'm so happy to hear such good news :) Osthein
Great news. Congratulations.
YayYayYayYay!
What a huge weight this must be off both your minds.
FIERCEST vibes for many cancer-free years to come and fingers crossed for the return of chocolate as the sweet, velvety taste it should be!!!!
DL and Chris
Fantastic news!
Best wishes on your road to full recovery.
CONGRATS! Hope your all clear continues.
Wootttttttt! Yayy! Squee!
-Garnet
Yay!!!!! :)
*happynekkidpagandance*
Post a Comment